Skip to content

St Teath Parish Council

The Clock Tower at St Teath

St Teath Parish lies between the Atlantic Ocean and Bodmin Moor (west of the A39 between Camelford and Wadebridge). The village of St Teath has a post office, shop and public house.

There is a clock tower built from Delamore Slate in the centre of the village.  Nearby stands the ancient Parish Church of St Tetha which is dedicated to St.Tetha and dates from about 1380. A Norman church, built about 1100, previously stood on the site and remains of this include the lower stage of the tower and the old font on the floor inside the North Door. A large Celtic cross stands in the cemetery and the fact that the church land is in the shape of a rough circle indicates that there was probably some kind of place of worship here in Celtic times.